Jakarta multifamily purchase: what belongs in the full cost checklist?

LinaMeadow

First-time buyer
I’m building a closing and holding-cost checklist for a small multifamily property in Jakarta priced around IDR 18,580,000,000. I have transfer tax, registration and notary/legal costs on the first draft, but the permitted ownership structure and recurring property charges are less clear. Capital-gains treatment, residency rules and inheritance planning may also change the real cost.

Our adviser flagged these issues but stopped short of saying we should walk away. What specific questions should I put to a licensed Indonesian professional before deciding whether the structure and total costs are acceptable?
 
Start by asking for two written cost schedules: one for acquisition and one for each year of ownership. Each line should identify who pays, when it becomes due, and whether it is calculated from the agreed price or another value.

The missing fact is who the intended buyer will be—an Indonesian individual, a non-Indonesian individual, or an entity. Without that, any estimate for ownership restrictions, tax treatment or succession could be misleading.
 
I’d go further: don’t let one combined estimate blur property costs with the cost of maintaining an ownership structure. Ask the adviser to map the proposed title, buyer, financing and eventual exit separately, including what happens on sale, death or a change in residency. A structure that closes smoothly may still be awkward to hold or inherit.
 
Back
Top