Jakarta appraiser looking to compare market data

coffeeAndMap

Appraiser
Verified Pro
The condition driving my search is that advertised figures and completed transactions must remain separate. I am an appraiser in Jakarta, currently looking closely at mixed-use property and the full costs around a deal.

I would like to compare methods used in Indonesia with those used elsewhere, particularly how people document concessions and avoid hiding costs inside an investment model. Would the Indonesian board be the better starting point for local evidence, or are the first-purchase and legal-checklist discussions more useful for exposing assumptions?
 
The local board gives you context, while the broader valuation discussions may offer better comparison methods. I would not choose only one.

Start locally when you need Jakarta transaction evidence. For the process itself, search across markets for how members separate completed prices from listings and record fees, taxes, concessions, finance and renovation allowances. Are you concentrating on Jakarta alone, or comparing it with other Indonesian cities?
 
I’d be cautious about starting with investment-modelling threads. A model can look precise while mixing advertised prices with completed transactions or leaving transaction costs outside the purchase figure. Discussions about first-purchase questions and legal checklists may reveal those hidden assumptions more clearly.
 
The mixed-use angle matters too. Residential, retail, and office components may have different vacancy, management, renovation, and financing considerations, so a single price comparison can obscure more than it explains. I’d be interested to know whether you are looking at whole buildings or individual units within mixed-use developments.
 
A practical route would be to make a short comparison template before browsing: advertised price, completed price where available, date, property component, condition, transaction costs included or excluded, financing assumptions, and any renovation allowance. Then test it against discussions on the local board, property management, mortgage comparisons, and renovation. That should make cross-market notes more comparable without assuming every jurisdiction records transactions in the same way.
 
Back
Top