yogaAndTimber
Property investor
The August figures could indicate choosier buyers, but seasonal variation and initial pricing are equally plausible explanations. In Kuala Lumpur, well-presented villas appear to be finding buyers in about 23 days while properties needing work remain available longer and undergo reductions.
There is also a reported gap of roughly 1.2% between asking and completed prices. I am not sure those observations refer to matched properties or even to the same stage of the sales process in August 2025. Does the 23-day measure include every villa listed, only agreed deals, or recorded completions?
I would be interested in transaction evidence from individual neighbourhoods. Comparing similar villas over the adjacent months may be enough to show whether this is a broader change or a short-lived split by condition.
There is also a reported gap of roughly 1.2% between asking and completed prices. I am not sure those observations refer to matched properties or even to the same stage of the sales process in August 2025. Does the 23-day measure include every villa listed, only agreed deals, or recorded completions?
I would be interested in transaction evidence from individual neighbourhoods. Comparing similar villas over the adjacent months may be enough to show whether this is a broader change or a short-lived split by condition.