Is Funda useful for a Seoul condo search?

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
I’m preparing a condo search around Seoul and deciding whether Funda is worth including. Broad search coverage and days-on-market would be useful, but duplicates, stale status, inconsistent floor-area fields and unclear next steps could make comparison unreliable.

Before I set up saved searches, what should I test on mobile and after contacting an advertiser? I’m especially interested in listing freshness, map-pin accuracy, price history and links to sold records.
 
If freshness cannot be verified, I’d treat it as a discovery tool rather than a dependable inventory list. Shortlist a few condos, contact every advertiser with the same questions, and record whether the status, area and price are confirmed.
 
What kind of duplicate are you worried about: the same unit posted by several advertisers, or one advertiser reposting it? That distinction matters because a repost can also make days-on-market less meaningful.
 
I’d go further: days-on-market may be the wrong feature to value most if listings can disappear and return. Without a visible listing history, a low number could describe the current advertisement rather than the condo’s total time for sale.
 
A small comparison sheet would expose problems quickly. I’d capture the listing reference, building name, stated floor area, price, days-on-market, advertiser and date contacted. Suspected duplicates can then sit in one group instead of looking like separate options.
 
On mobile, test whether the important filters survive after switching between list and map views. Also check whether saved-search alerts retain the same floor-area and location choices; otherwise alerts may create more sorting work than they save.
 
I disagree that map-pin accuracy should be a deciding factor. A pin is useful for rough screening, but the written building or neighborhood information should carry more weight. The real warning sign is when the pin, description and advertiser’s answer point to different places.
 
Send one compact message: Is it still available? What exactly does the floor-area figure represent? Is the displayed price current? Where is the condo located, and what is the next step to view or discuss it? Comparable replies will tell you more than response speed alone.
 
The floor-area question deserves its own column. Don’t combine listings until you know that their figures describe the same thing. Two advertisements for one condo could otherwise look like different sizes, or two genuinely different units could be mistaken for duplicates.
 
Price history would help separate a stale page from an actively adjusted listing, but only if each change has a date. Sold-record links could provide context too, although I would want to know what each record actually represents before comparing it with an asking price.
 
Ivan’s point also affects alerts. If the area field is inconsistent, a tightly filtered alert may silently exclude suitable condos. I’d begin with a wider range, inspect the terminology being returned, and narrow it only after the field looks consistent.
 
Has anyone established whether contact details lead to the advertiser responsible for the individual listing or to a more general inquiry route? That could explain why the next transaction step feels unclear, and it changes what a delayed or vague response means.
 
For duplicate control, compare more than photos. Building name, floor-area figure, asking price and description details together form a better match. If most fields align but the advertiser or days-on-market differs, flag it for confirmation rather than deleting either entry.
 
Saved-search alerts are only valuable here if they distinguish genuinely new listings from edits or reposts. I’d test with one narrow search for several alert cycles before creating lots of them.
 
After contact, note whether the advertiser answers the actual questions or simply pushes toward an appointment. A quick reply that leaves availability, area and location unresolved should not count as successful verification.
 
Be careful with sold records across jurisdictions. Even if links are offered, the date, property match and meaning of the recorded amount may need clarification. For a Seoul condo decision, I’d use them as supporting context, not automatic proof of current value.
 
How are people defining “fresh” here? A recently edited page, an advertiser-confirmed available unit and a newly published listing are three different things. One freshness badge would not necessarily answer all three.
 
I’d record those as separate dates: first seen, last page change and last advertiser confirmation. Even if Funda exposes only some of them, the contact log supplies the rest and prevents an old listing from appearing newly verified.
 
That gives Fatima a sensible trial: use a broad mobile search, group likely duplicates, verify area and location, send identical questions, then watch one alert before committing more time. If days-on-market cannot be tied to listing history, keep it as a clue rather than a ranking rule.
 
Back
Top