A small update to my November 2024 tracking has raised a bigger question. The Los Angeles apartments in my sample, all marketed between $1,140,000 and $1,710,000, are now sitting at roughly 112 days.
It is a deliberately narrow group, so I am hesitant to read it as a citywide shift. Still, I wonder whether the timing of price cuts, tighter buyer financing or an increase in competing listings is affecting this segment. What evidence would persuade you that expectations should change rather than writing the figure off as a few slow properties?
It is a deliberately narrow group, so I am hesitant to read it as a citywide shift. Still, I wonder whether the timing of price cuts, tighter buyer financing or an increase in competing listings is affecting this segment. What evidence would persuade you that expectations should change rather than writing the figure off as a few slow properties?