FreshEmber
Buyer
The studio has now been on the market for 48 days, which raises a new question: is that enough leverage to open well below the $1,310,000 list price when achieved-sale evidence is still scarce? The property needs updating, and I am considering an opening figure 11% under the ask.
I can provide financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing, but I want the explanation to focus on the limited completed comparables and renovation cost rather than criticising the property. If inspection finds only the updating I already expect, I would not seek a second discount through repair credits; if it reveals a material defect, I would want room to renegotiate.
Would you retain inspection, financing and appraisal protections in full, and how would you structure the offer without increasing the deposit risk merely to make the lower number look stronger?
I can provide financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing, but I want the explanation to focus on the limited completed comparables and renovation cost rather than criticising the property. If inspection finds only the updating I already expect, I would not seek a second discount through repair credits; if it reveals a material defect, I would want room to renegotiate.
Would you retain inspection, financing and appraisal protections in full, and how would you structure the offer without increasing the deposit risk merely to make the lower number look stronger?