Interest check: informal Calgary property meetup in January 2026

MinaGale

First-time buyer
Established
Booking the wrong size or type of venue could make the January 2026 meetup awkward, so I’d like a rough attendance count before choosing one. The plan is an informal Calgary discussion covering local market observations, financing, deal analysis and members’ practical questions.

If you might attend, please indicate early evening or weekend, whether you need step-free access, and whether remote participation is essential. I’ll also use the replies to choose a quiet central venue near public transport and then propose a specific week.
 
Interested. Early evening would be easier for me, especially if the venue is close to public transport. I’d prefer somewhere quiet enough for an actual group discussion rather than a busy open café.
 
Do you have a particular week in January in mind? I can’t commit based on the month alone. I may also need remote access, although I realise that could depend on the venue and whether someone is willing to manage the call.
 
I’d avoid making the first gathering hybrid. For an informal meetup, one laptop and poor room audio can leave both the online and in-person groups frustrated. It may be better to establish the date and room first, then arrange a separate remote discussion if enough people request one.
 
Weekend works better for me. Before booking, could you clarify whether attendance will be free or whether participants would split a room charge? Accessibility should cover more than the entrance too—seating, washroom access and enough space to move around are worth asking the venue about.
 
The agenda sounds useful, but “deal analysis” could easily take the whole session. Perhaps ask attendees to submit one or two Calgary examples in advance, then choose a single case for the group. That would leave time for financing questions and local observations without the evening becoming too scattered.
 
Capacity matters if people are bringing detailed questions. A smaller room may be cheaper, but it becomes awkward when unconfirmed attendees arrive. A simple RSVP deadline plus a waiting list would give you a better number before committing to a venue.
 
A short poll seems like the cleanest next step: preferred date, early evening versus weekend, in-person versus remote, public-transport needs and accessibility requirements. Once those responses are in, you could post a venue shortlist with any cost and capacity limits. My vote is weekend, in person, at a central transit-accessible location.
 
Back
Top