I am torn between pricing today’s higher building costs into the apartment permanently and treating them as an unusual spike. After 16 days of assessing this Warsaw property, the purchase price still looks workable, but sharp increases in the master insurance premium and shared reserve contributions have changed the monthly comparison with renting.
For now, I am inclined to use the full current association charge in the base case. A future reduction can be upside; relying on one before purchase would be harder to recover from. At the same time, a well-funded reserve may be preferable to low charges followed by a large demand.
The missing facts are why both components rose, what work the reserve is intended to cover, and which losses the insurance excludes. I am also checking energy use, management effort and whether the total monthly cost could deter future tenants or buyers. Would you proceed only after those reasons are documented, or price in a further increase and negotiate on that basis? If drawing on another jurisdiction, please name it.
For now, I am inclined to use the full current association charge in the base case. A future reduction can be upside; relying on one before purchase would be harder to recover from. At the same time, a well-funded reserve may be preferable to low charges followed by a large demand.
The missing facts are why both components rose, what work the reserve is intended to cover, and which losses the insurance excludes. I am also checking energy use, management effort and whether the total monthly cost could deter future tenants or buyers. Would you proceed only after those reasons are documented, or price in a further increase and negotiate on that basis? If drawing on another jurisdiction, please name it.