The purchase price still appears manageable, yet I hesitate to treat the higher building costs as a passing spike. Master insurance and reserve contributions have both climbed, leaving the apartment far less attractive against renting than it first appeared.
For valuation purposes, I am inclined to use today’s monthly charge unless the records show a specific reason it should fall. I also want to understand the policy exclusions, loss-assessment cover and whether the reserve increase points to deferred work. Completed sales in Toronto buildings with comparable age, services and maintenance demands seem more relevant than current listings. What evidence would justify using a lower future cost?
For valuation purposes, I am inclined to use today’s monthly charge unless the records show a specific reason it should fall. I also want to understand the policy exclusions, loss-assessment cover and whether the reserve increase points to deferred work. Completed sales in Toronto buildings with comparable age, services and maintenance demands seem more relevant than current listings. What evidence would justify using a lower future cost?