Informal Lisbon property meetup — December 2025

GrandCorner

First-time buyer
I’m organising an informal property meetup in Lisbon during December 2025. The idea is to discuss local market observations, financing, deal analysis and then have a short round of practical questions.

Would an early weekday evening or a weekend suit people better? I’ll choose a central venue once there is a rough headcount, so please also mention whether easy public-transport access, step-free access or remote participation would affect your decision to join.
 
A quick clarification: I’m aiming for a discussion rather than a formal seminar. I’ll try to avoid a room fee, although everyone may need to cover their own food or drinks depending on the venue. Capacity will depend on the level of interest, so date preferences are useful even from people who are not yet certain.
 
Weekend would work better for me, preferably late morning or afternoon. A central location near a metro stop matters more than the particular neighbourhood. On the agenda, I’d put deal analysis before financing; otherwise financing can become too general without a concrete property example.
 
Early evening is easier for me. Would you consider allowing people to join the practical-question round remotely? I realise a fully hybrid discussion may be cumbersome, but even a limited connection could help those who cannot cross Lisbon at that time. Please also confirm step-free access before fixing the venue.
 
I’d avoid trying to run the whole meetup as a hybrid event. Informal conversation becomes stilted when someone has to monitor a call, and deal examples may contain details participants do not want recorded or broadcast. A short written recap or a remote Q&A segment would be a better compromise. Any deal discussed should be anonymised.
 
Could the organiser offer two possible dates—one weekday evening and one weekend—and choose after a simple headcount? Once selected, ask for firm confirmations and cap attendance to the room’s actual capacity. A compact agenda might be 20 minutes of market observations, one deal example, financing questions and open discussion.
 
One addition to my earlier suggestion: I agree with Kai that streaming the entire discussion could undermine the informal format, but Nina’s idea could still work for the final Q&A only. For the venue, I’d prioritise metro access, a step-free entrance, seating that permits one group conversation, and clarity in advance about any minimum spend.
 
Back
Top