Informal Lagos property meetup in March 2026 — timing and interest

field_porch

Seller
Established
Choosing a central Lagos venue first sounds efficient. Checking what would actually prevent people from attending may be more useful, because a central address can still be expensive or awkward to reach at the proposed time.

I am planning an informal property meetup for March 2026, with discussion around the local market, financing and a practical deal example. Before booking, could interested people indicate whether a weekday evening or weekend is workable, what part of Lagos would be realistic, and whether venue cost would affect attendance? I would also like to know if a remote option would bring in people who otherwise could not join.
 
Interested. A weekend would be much easier for me, preferably somewhere that does not require a complicated final leg after using public transport. I’d also keep the deal-analysis section practical—perhaps one example discussed by the group rather than several broad presentations.
 
Early evening gets my vote, although the exact date matters more than the format. Could you circulate two or three March options before booking anything? A central venue can still be difficult at the wrong time, so expected start and finish times would be useful too.
 
One more thought: will this be a small round-table gathering or something with a larger capacity? The proposed question round works well for a small group, but with more people it may need questions submitted in advance so the discussion does not run over.
 
I’m interested, but I’d rather not add remote access unless there is a clear demand for it. A hybrid setup can make an informal conversation less natural and may affect the venue choice or cost. A short written recap afterwards could be a simpler option for people who cannot attend.
 
I see the concern, but remote access could be limited to listening rather than turning this into a fully hybrid event. Before ruling it out, perhaps ask how many people genuinely need it. Also, please confirm whether attendance will be free or whether participants will share the venue cost.
 
Weekend for me. On the agenda, financing and deal analysis could easily consume the whole session, so I’d put time limits against each item. It may also help to ask attendees to send practical questions beforehand; duplicates can then be combined, leaving more time for discussion.
 
The listening-only idea is a reasonable compromise, provided it does not force a more expensive venue. I’d still prioritise step-free access, seating and manageable noise over streaming. Those details can decide whether someone is actually able to participate, whereas a recap can cover most remote needs.
 
After the comments so far, perhaps the organiser could use a simple two-stage poll: first choose between weekday evening and weekend plus a few possible dates, then ask confirmed attendees about access needs and remote participation. That avoids selecting a venue based on expressions of interest that may not become firm bookings.
 
Could the venue decision also include clear directions from a practical public-transport drop-off point? “Central Lagos” means different things depending on where people start. I’m open to either timing, but I would only confirm once the date, approximate duration and likely cost are known.
 
Count me as interested, with a slight preference for an early evening. I agree that the date poll should come before the venue. Once a date wins, set a confirmation deadline and book for confirmed numbers rather than the full list of interested people; just leave a little room if capacity and cost allow.
 
Back
Top