The builder’s claim that a Miami municipal check makes a buyer-arranged inspection redundant has made me more concerned, not less. A 5-bed condo may satisfy the required checks while still having drainage, insulation or finishing problems that become visible around handover.
If access is allowed, when would one inspection produce the most useful evidence: shortly before handover, during the handover process, or later while defects can still be reported? Paying at several stages would reduce the emergency fund just as moving, service charges, furniture and the first mortgage payment fall due. I can postpone nonessential furniture, but I would rather choose one effective inspection than spend repeatedly without gaining leverage. Comparisons with completed Miami condos would help.
If access is allowed, when would one inspection produce the most useful evidence: shortly before handover, during the handover process, or later while defects can still be reported? Paying at several stages would reduce the emergency fund just as moving, service charges, furniture and the first mortgage payment fall due. I can postpone nonessential furniture, but I would rather choose one effective inspection than spend repeatedly without gaining leverage. Comparisons with completed Miami condos would help.