ImmobilienScout24 for a Manchester country-home search from Paris

bakesAndView

Developer
Established
I’m searching from Paris for a country home around Manchester in the UK and have been using ImmobilienScout24. Its search coverage and commute-time feature were useful, but duplicate listings, stale availability and inconsistent floor-area figures made comparisons harder than expected. It was also unclear how fresh each listing was or what the next transaction step should be.

Would you treat it as a main search tool or only a discovery portal? I’m particularly interested in the mobile filters, map-pin accuracy, saved-search alerts and what happens after contacting an advertiser.
 
Given those gaps, I’d use it for discovery rather than as the sole record of what is available. Were the duplicates identical, or did they have different prices, floor areas or advertisers? That distinction matters: exact copies are merely clutter, while conflicting versions can mislead a shortlist.
 
Also test whether the commute result survives a manual map check. For a country home, a pin placed at the centre of a postcode or village could make the travel estimate look more precise than it is. I would ask the advertiser to confirm the actual location before eliminating or favouring a property on commute time.
 
I’d go further: commute-time should not be the most trusted feature until the pin and route assumptions are confirmed. A stale listing wastes a call, but an inaccurate location can distort the whole comparison. Floor area is similar—note whether each figure is clearly comparable rather than sorting listings as though every number was measured on the same basis.
 
The practical workaround is a small comparison sheet: portal listing address, date first seen, latest status, advertised floor area, price, map-pin confidence and advertiser response. Give suspected duplicates one property row rather than counting each advert separately. If the portal exposes price history or links to sold records, record those too; if not, leave the field unknown rather than guessing.
 
On mobile, I’d judge it by whether the important filters remain applied after reopening the search and whether alerts lead to genuinely new or updated entries. For the next few enquiries, ask the same short set of questions: still available, exact location, confirmed floor area and next step. That should reveal whether the problem is mainly presentation or continues after contact.
 
Back
Top