ImmobilienScout24 for a Lyon apartment search from Rotterdam

knitsAndRoof

Real estate agent
Verified Pro
I’m searching from Rotterdam for an apartment around Lyon and deciding whether ImmobilienScout24 is reliable enough to remain my main shortlisting tool. Coverage has been useful, and I particularly value the rental-yield information. However, duplicate listings, unclear freshness, stale status and inconsistent floor-area figures make comparisons difficult. The next step after contacting an advertiser is not always obvious either. Has anyone found the mobile filters and saved-search alerts dependable, especially once an advertiser has been contacted?
 
Based on those issues, I’d treat it as a discovery tool rather than the only shortlist. Before discarding duplicates, are you seeing the same photos and advertiser, or merely similar apartments? That distinction matters. I’d also record the date you first saw each listing and confirm availability directly, because a visible listing does not necessarily establish that it is still active.
 
The floor-area inconsistency would make me cautious about the rental-yield figure too, since the underlying listing details may not be comparable. Map pins can also be approximate rather than simply inaccurate, so I would ask for the street or neighbourhood before judging location. What happens after contact in your case: no response, a redirect elsewhere, or just no clear indication that the enquiry was sent?
 
I wouldn’t assume every apparent duplicate is portal clutter. It could be the same property advertised by more than one party, or separate units in one building. Still, the platform should make that easier to recognise. Price history or links to sold records would help, but unless they are clearly provided and relevant to France, I wouldn’t infer previous sale prices from repeated listings.
 
One practical addition: keep your own table with URL, first-seen date, stated floor area, price, map location and advertiser. Use saved-search alerts to discover changes, but compare each alert against that table rather than trusting it as a new listing. On mobile, test whether your area, apartment type and other filters remain applied after reopening the search; if not, do the serious comparison on desktop and use mobile only for alerts and messages.
 
Back
Top