Only one of my four Toronto comparables is a completed sale, which makes the apparent valuation range less secure than it first looked. The subject is a 1-bed townhouse of roughly 910 sq ft in average condition, offered at C$1,087,000; it has good light and location, but dated finishes and a possible insurance expense.
My concern is that a simple price-per-square-foot adjustment could create false precision. Should the completed sale set the anchor, with the three active listings used only as context? I would also like to know whether tenure, lease length, outdoor space or another missing detail could outweigh the condition adjustment before I commission a local appraisal.
My concern is that a simple price-per-square-foot adjustment could create false precision. Should the completed sale set the anchor, with the three active listings used only as context? I would also like to know whether tenure, lease length, outdoor space or another missing detail could outweigh the condition adjustment before I commission a local appraisal.