Using nearby asking prices would support a stronger offer, but the lack of enough completed sales makes an 8% discount seem equally defensible. The small Miami multifamily is listed at $1,355,000, needs updating and has spent 28 days on the market.
I am thinking of offering $1,246,600 with financing evidence and flexibility over the closing date. I would point to the renovation risk without producing a long argument over every defect. Before submitting, should I ask whether the seller values price, timing or certainty most? I also plan to retain financing, appraisal and inspection protection for major unknowns, and I do not want the deposit exposed if one of those issues prevents the purchase.
I am thinking of offering $1,246,600 with financing evidence and flexibility over the closing date. I would point to the renovation risk without producing a long argument over every defect. Before submitting, should I ask whether the seller values price, timing or certainty most? I also plan to retain financing, appraisal and inspection protection for major unknowns, and I do not want the deposit exposed if one of those issues prevents the purchase.