How would you adjust this Delhi 3-bed with only one completed comparable?

frame.able

Property manager
Established
The 102 days on the market are what make me question the ₹33,820,000 asking price. This is a Delhi 3-bed condo of about 80 m², with good light and location but average condition and dated finishes.

I have three current listings for comparison and just one achieved transaction, so I’m starting with the basics: confirming that all floor areas use the same measurement basis, grading the condition consistently and checking whether the completed property is genuinely nearby.

After that, how would you account for differences in size and refurbishment needs? I’m also unsure whether lease term, recurring service charges, parking or private outdoor space should carry the largest adjustment. Insurance, maintenance and possible property tax costs need checking too. I’ll seek an independent local valuation before committing, but I’d like to make the comparison set more credible first.
 
The ask works out to ₹422,750 per m², but that figure is unreliable until you know whether the 80 m² and comparable areas use the same measurement basis. I would not apply a generic percentage for dated finishes; estimate the work needed, then allow for the disruption and uncertainty. Exact micro-location is probably the biggest missing fact, followed by parking.
 
I’d put service charges ahead of parking unless parking is clearly included in the comparable sale. A recurring charge affects the ownership cost every year, while a buyer can price cosmetic work once.

Also, three asking prices do not establish demand, and 102 days without a sale may indicate resistance at this level. Was the completed comparable genuinely similar in floor, light, building condition and outdoor space?
 
The single sale should anchor the exercise, but only after confirming its completion date, area definition and what was included. Then build a simple comparison table for micro-location, floor, condition, parking, outdoor space, tenure or lease length, and service charges. Keep each adjustment visible rather than forcing a broad floor-area range. If too many rows remain unknown, the honest result is a wide valuation band, not a precise number.
 
Back
Top