I have checked three active listings and found one relevant completed sale, but I still cannot tell how much weight to give the stated floor area. The Toronto property is a 1-bed detached home of roughly 1,400 sq ft, in average condition and listed at C$1,762,000. Its light and location appeal to me, while the finishes and possible energy costs do not.
Would you treat all 1,400 sq ft equally, or first verify how much is usable above-grade space? I also need to establish the lot size, parking and outdoor space, as any of those could explain a large difference from the sold home. I will use a local appraisal before making the valuation my basis for an offer.
Would you treat all 1,400 sq ft equally, or first verify how much is usable above-grade space? I also need to establish the lot size, parking and outdoor space, as any of those could explain a large difference from the sold home. I will use a local appraisal before making the valuation my basis for an offer.