horizon.swift
Buyer
I could stretch to the purchase price and furnish the house quickly, or spend less at the outset and keep a proper cash reserve. The second approach feels safer for a 5-bedroom country home around Kuala Lumpur priced at about MYR 3,642,000.
My estimated balance after the deposit and closing costs is MYR 159,800, but the inspection may identify first-year repairs. I also need to allow for moving, the first mortgage payment, insurance excess, possible service charges and basic furniture. How would you separate those costs from an emergency fund, and which items would you postpone until after moving in?
My estimated balance after the deposit and closing costs is MYR 159,800, but the inspection may identify first-year repairs. I also need to allow for moving, the first mortgage payment, insurance excess, possible service charges and basic furniture. How would you separate those costs from an emergency fund, and which items would you postpone until after moving in?