The inspection report has now added a budgeting question I had not fully allowed for. It is long enough to make the Berlin duplex sound alarming, yet the property appears basically sound and many entries may be routine work rather than urgent defects.
The home is a 2-bed at about €308,200, and I expect roughly €20,240 to remain once the deposit and estimated purchase costs are covered. Before choosing percentages, which missing facts from the report would change how much of that sum must remain untouched? I am thinking particularly about defects that need work before moving in or within the first year.
My provisional order is an emergency reserve, moving expenses and essential repairs, followed by furniture bought gradually. I still need to account separately for service charges, the policy excess and the timing of the initial mortgage instalment, while avoiding double-counting anything paid from normal monthly income. If that leaves too little breathing room, I would rather reduce the purchase price than rely on postponing every non-urgent item.
The home is a 2-bed at about €308,200, and I expect roughly €20,240 to remain once the deposit and estimated purchase costs are covered. Before choosing percentages, which missing facts from the report would change how much of that sum must remain untouched? I am thinking particularly about defects that need work before moving in or within the first year.
My provisional order is an emergency reserve, moving expenses and essential repairs, followed by furniture bought gradually. I still need to account separately for service charges, the policy excess and the timing of the initial mortgage instalment, while avoiding double-counting anything paid from normal monthly income. If that leaves too little breathing room, I would rather reduce the purchase price than rely on postponing every non-urgent item.