The unexpected part is that ¥3,519,000 no longer looks like one comfortable reserve once every opening expense has a claim on it. I am considering a three-bedroom villa in Tokyo for about ¥101,700,000, with closing in 75 days. The mortgage itself looks manageable, but this would be all the cash left after the deposit and estimated purchase costs.
I need to put the remaining expenses in a sensible order: moving, urgent inspection items, an emergency fund, basic furniture and enough to meet an insurance excess. Some furniture can clearly wait, while safety or weatherproofing work cannot.
Would the next step be to confirm the inspection results and first mortgage payment date, then protect the emergency amount before setting the moving budget? I am unsure which figures need to be fixed now and which can remain provisional until those details arrive.
I need to put the remaining expenses in a sensible order: moving, urgent inspection items, an emergency fund, basic furniture and enough to meet an insurance excess. Some furniture can clearly wait, while safety or weatherproofing work cannot.
Would the next step be to confirm the inspection results and first mortgage payment date, then protect the emergency amount before setting the moving budget? I am unsure which figures need to be fixed now and which can remain provisional until those details arrive.