I need to decide what response deadline to attach to an offer, and I do not want a quick acceptance at the expense of basic protection. The Doha mixed-use building is listed at QAR 5,242,000, has been advertised for 28 days and requires updating. There are comparable asking prices nearby, but little completed-sale evidence.
I am considering an opening offer 2% lower, supported by proof of finance and some flexibility over completion. The seller does not appear under pressure, though an earlier transaction fell through. If they engage at that level, I would keep the inspection and financing conditions and address material repairs afterward. If they want full asking, I would first need clarity on any valuation shortfall and why the previous deal failed. How long would you leave the offer open, and how would you frame those points without making the terms look uncertain?
I am considering an opening offer 2% lower, supported by proof of finance and some flexibility over completion. The seller does not appear under pressure, though an earlier transaction fell through. If they engage at that level, I would keep the inspection and financing conditions and address material repairs afterward. If they want full asking, I would first need clarity on any valuation shortfall and why the previous deal failed. How long would you leave the offer open, and how would you frame those points without making the terms look uncertain?