The 92 days on market gives me room to negotiate, but the lack of solid completed comparables worries me. I’m considering a small Austin multifamily listed at $360,000, with visible updating required and one previous deal already fallen through.
Would $316,800 be a credible opening if I support it with proof of financing, the available comparables and flexibility over closing? I want to give the seller a clear basis for the 12% reduction rather than make it sound arbitrary. I also need to choose a sensible response deadline and decide which terms cannot safely be traded away. Inspection, financing and appraisal protection currently seem more important than making the offer look unusually clean, especially until I know why the earlier contract failed.
Would $316,800 be a credible opening if I support it with proof of financing, the available comparables and flexibility over closing? I want to give the seller a clear basis for the 12% reduction rather than make it sound arbitrary. I also need to choose a sensible response deadline and decide which terms cannot safely be traded away. Inspection, financing and appraisal protection currently seem more important than making the offer look unusually clean, especially until I know why the earlier contract failed.