compareTheBridge
Buyer
My aim is to complete without draining all our cash, but repeated failed offers have pushed us close to the limit. We now have an accepted offer on a 2-bed Nairobi condo for about KES 132,200,000.
On current estimates, KES 4,902,000 should remain once the deposit and closing costs are paid. That still has to absorb any inspection items, the move, initial service charges, insurance and its excess, and the first mortgage payment.
How much would you ring-fence as a genuine emergency fund? I can delay most furniture beyond a bed and basic table, but I am less sure what should be reserved for first-year repairs before the inspection is final.
On current estimates, KES 4,902,000 should remain once the deposit and closing costs are paid. That still has to absorb any inspection items, the move, initial service charges, insurance and its excess, and the first mortgage payment.
How much would you ring-fence as a genuine emergency fund? I can delay most furniture beyond a bed and basic table, but I am less sure what should be reserved for first-year repairs before the inspection is final.