My preferred outcome is to complete with a genuine cash reserve, but the S$58,960 left after the deposit and estimated purchase costs may have too many jobs to do. The property is a 2-bed serviced apartment in Singapore priced at about S$1,313,000.
I still need to allow for moving, basic furniture and any immediate work identified during inspection. I am unsure how much should remain completely untouched as an emergency fund, particularly once mortgage payments and service charges start. What information about monthly spending or scheduled building charges would you use to decide whether this buffer is adequate?
I still need to allow for moving, basic furniture and any immediate work identified during inspection. I am unsure how much should remain completely untouched as an emergency fund, particularly once mortgage payments and service charges start. What information about monthly spending or scheduled building charges would you use to decide whether this buffer is adequate?