bikesAndQuill
First-time buyer
Keeping a meaningful cash reserve sounds sensible, but I am unsure where to draw the line before it prevents the purchase. The property is a one-bedroom coastal home in Austin at about $285,000, and my current estimate leaves $29,000 once the deposit and projected closing costs are covered.
That money may also need to absorb moving expenses, the first mortgage payment, insurance deductibles and anything urgent found during inspection. Furniture can wait. Before deciding what price I can safely afford, which lender or closing document should I check to confirm that prepaid items and the first payment have not already reduced the apparent buffer?
That money may also need to absorb moving expenses, the first mortgage payment, insurance deductibles and anything urgent found during inspection. Furniture can wait. Before deciding what price I can safely afford, which lender or closing document should I check to confirm that prepaid items and the first payment have not already reduced the apparent buffer?