I can either apply a simple reserve to the whole budget or build allowances around the uncertain packages, and neither approach feels sufficient on its own. The working figure is €174,000 for an 85 m² coastal home in Rome, covering a new kitchen and bathrooms, replacement floors, decorating, an electrical review and some energy-efficiency work. There is no extension.
The larger risks seem to be concealed damp, awkward service routes and remedial work discovered once finishes come off. I also need to understand whether “electrical” means testing only or includes repairs and replacement runs. What investigations would you request before tender, and which access, making-good and delay costs should contractors list as inclusions or exclusions? Material ordering and permit timing could affect the sequence too.
The larger risks seem to be concealed damp, awkward service routes and remedial work discovered once finishes come off. I also need to understand whether “electrical” means testing only or includes repairs and replacement runs. What investigations would you request before tender, and which access, making-good and delay costs should contractors list as inclusions or exclusions? Material ordering and permit timing could affect the sequence too.