anika_equity
Property investor
Before I ask contractors for firm prices, I need to decide whether €175,700 is a workable scope or merely a starting figure with too little protection for discoveries. The project is a 190 m² small multifamily building in Dublin, with kitchens, bathrooms, finishes, electrical inspection and defined energy improvements under consideration. No extension is intended.
My concern is access to pipework, damp and defects hidden behind finished surfaces, including any structural repairs uncovered during opening-up. If targeted investigation can establish the service routes and wet-area condition, I would use a lower reserve and price the findings directly. If access remains uncertain, I would rather carry a larger contingency. What should the surveyor and bidders investigate to choose between those two approaches?
My concern is access to pipework, damp and defects hidden behind finished surfaces, including any structural repairs uncovered during opening-up. If targeted investigation can establish the service routes and wet-area condition, I would use a lower reserve and price the findings directly. If access remains uncertain, I would rather carry a larger contingency. What should the surveyor and bidders investigate to choose between those two approaches?