The latest comparable listings have created a new question about the rent for this Hong Kong townhouse, valued at around HK$6,045,000. The current tenant pays roughly HK$31,660, while nearby asking figures appear closer to HK$35,090. Payment has been dependable and the property has been kept in good order.
The full increase is tempting, but it may not justify the vacancy, refurbishment and reletting risk if a reliable tenant leaves. I am considering a smaller adjustment, with the local notice requirements followed and room for the tenant to respond. Before deciding, I need to establish whether the HK$35,090 comparisons are merely advertised rents or recent completed lettings, and whether their condition, size and immediate location genuinely match. Would you make a staged increase conditional on that evidence rather than move straight to the highest asking figure?
The full increase is tempting, but it may not justify the vacancy, refurbishment and reletting risk if a reliable tenant leaves. I am considering a smaller adjustment, with the local notice requirements followed and room for the tenant to respond. Before deciding, I need to establish whether the HK$35,090 comparisons are merely advertised rents or recent completed lettings, and whether their condition, size and immediate location genuinely match. Would you make a staged increase conditional on that evidence rather than move straight to the highest asking figure?