Getting this wrong could turn a dependable tenancy into a vacancy for the sake of a gap that is quickly lost to turnover costs.
The Bengaluru studio currently brings in about ₹222,500, while comparable advertisements are near ₹246,800. The tenant pays consistently and cares for the home, so I do not assume the full ₹24,300 difference is recoverable profit. On the other hand, leaving the amount unchanged indefinitely may not be reasonable if the comparisons really are equivalent.
I am inclined to propose a smaller rise, but first I want to check whether the other studios include better furnishings, parking or maintenance charges and whether they are actually finding tenants. How would you balance the likely vacancy and refurbishment cost against retaining a reliable occupant, then explain the adjustment fairly while observing the applicable notice terms?
The Bengaluru studio currently brings in about ₹222,500, while comparable advertisements are near ₹246,800. The tenant pays consistently and cares for the home, so I do not assume the full ₹24,300 difference is recoverable profit. On the other hand, leaving the amount unchanged indefinitely may not be reasonable if the comparisons really are equivalent.
I am inclined to propose a smaller rise, but first I want to check whether the other studios include better furnishings, parking or maintenance charges and whether they are actually finding tenants. How would you balance the likely vacancy and refurbishment cost against retaining a reliable occupant, then explain the adjustment fairly while observing the applicable notice terms?