common_creek
Homeowner
Taking the rent straight to the advertised market level seems too aggressive, but leaving it near S$8,582 may also be hard to justify when comparable asking rents are around S$10,700. The tenant pays on time and looks after the one-bedroom Singapore apartment, so I place real value on keeping them.
My preference is a moderate adjustment rather than risking vacancy, refurbishment, deposit administration and reletting costs. Before speaking with the tenant, I’ll check whether this is permitted at the current stage of the tenancy and what notice the agreement requires. How would you frame a fair renewal proposal without treating the S$10,700 asking figure as an achieved rent?
My preference is a moderate adjustment rather than risking vacancy, refurbishment, deposit administration and reletting costs. Before speaking with the tenant, I’ll check whether this is permitted at the current stage of the tenancy and what notice the agreement requires. How would you frame a fair renewal proposal without treating the S$10,700 asking figure as an achieved rent?