How do you evaluate an agent's fee and service scope in Lyon?

otis.elm

Buyer
Established
I have checked the headline fees for several Lyon agents, but it is still unclear whether their proposals cover the same work. The apartment is expected to sell for about €855,600. One cheaper package leaves transaction tasks outside the fee, while a more expensive option covers professional images, buyer screening, negotiation and coordination through closing.

I plan to ask for recent serviced-apartment comparables and a named day-to-day contact. I also want the photography deliverables, response expectations, offer process and support after a buyer drops out stated clearly. If the fee basis is identical, I can compare service and accountability; if it is not, I will recalculate each proposal on the same basis first. How would you test their control of outdated or repeated adverts and their disclosure of conflicts?
 
Ask them to put the fee basis and every included task in one written table. Then give all of them the same scenario: two offers arrive, one buyer is poorly qualified, and the stronger deal later stalls. Who contacts whom, who negotiates, and who coordinates the next steps? Also request the name of the day-to-day contact and the expected response time. A higher fee is easier to assess when responsibility is specific rather than described as “full service.”
 
I wouldn’t give fall-through rate much weight without context; a small number of unusual files could make it misleading. Recent comparable serviced-apartment sales and the proposed offer process seem more useful. For photography, ask what is actually delivered and whether the agent controls duplicate or outdated listings. One missing fact: are all proposals calculating their fee on the same amount and on the same tax basis? If not, the headline percentages are not comparable.
 
Back
Top