How do you evaluate an agent’s fee and service scope in Hong Kong?

ellis_cedar

Homeowner
I need to choose between the Hong Kong agent proposals soon, but the fee comparison is less straightforward than it first appeared. The villa is expected to sell for about HK$1,911,000. One proposal is cheaper but leaves some transaction work outside the quoted scope; another covers a wider package including marketing, negotiation and help through closing.

I’m not assuming that the longest service list is automatically the best. I want each agent to explain recent comparable sales, response times, who will manage the file, how offers are recorded and what happens if the buyer withdraws. Buyer qualification and conflict disclosure also matter, particularly who checks the buyer and when any competing interest is revealed.

Photography needs a defined number and type of images, delivery timing and ownership or reuse terms. I also want responsibility for correcting stale or duplicated listings across channels to be clear.

Which of these points would you verify first, and which should be contractual? Hong Kong experiences would be useful, especially where an apparently fuller package turned out to depend on vague wording.
 
Back
Top