I need to decide soon whether to approach older Hong Kong listings or wait for another wave of stock. The trade-off is that there is more choice on screen, yet little of it looks suitable enough to buy.
My sample is mainly serviced apartments asking between HK$3,338,000 and HK$5,008,000, with a typical visible period of 83 days. I have been giving service charges considerable weight when two similar-looking units move at different speeds, but financing, condition and broad neighbourhood boundaries may be distorting that impression.
Would you first compare completed sales within the same building or street, then use new-listing volume to judge whether waiting is worthwhile? I am also interested in whether older listings are actually attracting price cuts or simply being withdrawn and relisted.
My sample is mainly serviced apartments asking between HK$3,338,000 and HK$5,008,000, with a typical visible period of 83 days. I have been giving service charges considerable weight when two similar-looking units move at different speeds, but financing, condition and broad neighbourhood boundaries may be distorting that impression.
Would you first compare completed sales within the same building or street, then use new-listing volume to judge whether waiting is worthwhile? I am also interested in whether older listings are actually attracting price cuts or simply being withdrawn and relisted.