I’ve checked the basic arithmetic, but the achievable rent and recurring ownership costs are still unclear. The property is a 4-bed detached home priced at HK$3,198,000, with projected rent of HK$16,020 a month. That produces a gross yield near 6.0%, with no assumed appreciation.
I don’t think choosing a target net yield is useful until the rent survives a vacancy and tenant-turnover test. I have allowed for management, ordinary repairs and a major-repair buffer, but insurance, charges during empty periods and acquisition or preparation costs could change the result. Which figures would you verify first, and how much vacancy would you allow for this type of home?
I don’t think choosing a target net yield is useful until the rent survives a vacancy and tenant-turnover test. I have allowed for management, ordinary repairs and a major-repair buffer, but insurance, charges during empty periods and acquisition or preparation costs could change the result. Which figures would you verify first, and how much vacancy would you allow for this type of home?