I keep changing my mind about whether I’m stretching too far. After the deposit and estimated closing costs on a 2-bed villa around HK$6,825,000, I would have roughly HK$249,600 left.
The inspection makes a basically sound home look disastrous because every defect is listed, although much of it seems like ordinary first-year work. How would you divide the remaining cash between emergency savings, moving, immediate repairs, furniture, service charges, insurance excess and the first mortgage payment? I would rather buy below my maximum than have every minor issue become a financial emergency.
The inspection makes a basically sound home look disastrous because every defect is listed, although much of it seems like ordinary first-year work. How would you divide the remaining cash between emergency savings, moving, immediate repairs, furniture, service charges, insurance excess and the first mortgage payment? I would rather buy below my maximum than have every minor issue become a financial emergency.