I would like this 3-bed Hong Kong condo to work as a straightforward first rental, but the headline numbers may be hiding too much. The asking price is HK$1,716,000 and the projected rent is HK$12,470 a month, which gives a gross yield of about 8.7% before costs.
So far I have allowed for empty periods, management, normal upkeep and a separate amount for a major repair. The building looks sound, yet acquisition charges and owner-paid outgoings could change the result sharply. Which Hong Kong cost should I verify first, and would you judge the return against the purchase price or the full cash invested?
So far I have allowed for empty periods, management, normal upkeep and a separate amount for a major repair. The building looks sound, yet acquisition charges and owner-paid outgoings could change the result sharply. Which Hong Kong cost should I verify first, and would you judge the return against the purchase price or the full cash invested?