WideTimber
First-time buyer
The listings show an asking-price decline of roughly 5.5%, but I am not convinced that represents achieved discounts. My small group of country homes around Helsinki runs from €220,800 to €331,200 and has a median advertised period near 49 days, with large differences in condition.
Energy performance is the specific issue I cannot isolate. An inefficient home might attract a lower offer, but buyers with tight financing may instead reject the renovation risk altogether. Relistings, withdrawals and the timing of price cuts could therefore matter as much as the latest asking price.
Completed prices are difficult to obtain. What would be the best way to distinguish an energy-related effect from condition, location and changes in the volume of genuinely new listings?
Energy performance is the specific issue I cannot isolate. An inefficient home might attract a lower offer, but buyers with tight financing may instead reject the renovation risk altogether. Relistings, withdrawals and the timing of price cuts could therefore matter as much as the latest asking price.
Completed prices are difficult to obtain. What would be the best way to distinguish an energy-related effect from condition, location and changes in the volume of genuinely new listings?