Guess the sale price of this 155 m² Oslo detached home

HugoYork

Property investor
Established
A detached home in Oslo: 4 bedrooms, 155 m², average condition, asking NOK 2,461,000, and 29 days on the market. What do you think it sold for?

Post one number and the two facts driving your estimate. Imaginary bragging rights to whoever gets closest. I’m especially curious whether people put more weight on condition, time on market, floor area, or the asking price.
 
Small clarification: I don’t have the neighbourhood, local supply, any price-reduction history, or a separate building-reserve figure. Please treat those as unknown rather than filling in the gaps. The figures above are all we have for the guess.
 
NOK 2,390,000. My two factors are the 29 days on market and the average condition, both of which make me expect a modest discount. The 155 m² keeps me from going much lower, even without the exact part of Oslo.
 
I’ll go the other way: NOK 2,520,000. The 155 m² floor area and four-bedroom layout could still attract enough interest to edge above asking. I don’t think 29 days alone proves weak demand, particularly when local supply is the biggest missing fact.

Was NOK 2,461,000 definitely the original asking price, rather than a reduced one?
 
NOK 2,520,000 still feels plausible, while moving below the NOK 2,461,000 ask feels premature without knowing whether that was the original price. Neither estimate is especially comfortable with only one completed sale to anchor the game.

I have reduced my confidence because 155 m² and four bedrooms partly describe the same advantage rather than two separate reasons for a premium. Evidence of an earlier price cut would change my guess to below asking; otherwise I will keep the number.
 
NOK 2,340,000 for me. I’m weighting the asking price and average condition most heavily. For a detached home, “average” can leave buyers uncertain about future work, while 29 days gives them time to be selective. I think @hana.underlined52 is reading too much into the bedroom count without knowing the layout.
 
That said, Hana is right that 29 days cannot be interpreted properly without local supply. I just reach the opposite conclusion: when the market context is missing, the asking price is the safer anchor, and the condition supports applying a discount rather than assuming competition above it.
 
I’ll leave my final guess at NOK 2,340,000. For the eventual comparison, it would be useful to reveal whether there had been any price reductions and how many bids were involved, if those details are available. Otherwise we may end up attributing the result to time on market when the pricing history did more of the work.
 
NOK 2,465,000—essentially asking. My two facts are the asking price itself and the 29-day marketing period: long enough to find a buyer, but not enough on its own to justify a large discount. Average condition and 155 m² pull in opposite directions for me.

Also, the result will still be one completed sale, not proof that one estimation method always works. The most interesting follow-up will be which guesses got close for the right reasons.
 
Back
Top