Guess the sale price: 540 sq ft Calgary new-build flat

Two bedrooms squeezed into 540 sq ft is the feature I cannot decide how to price. The Calgary new-build flat remains listed at C$1,586,000 after 110 days, even though its condition is described as average.

What single sale price would you predict? Please give two reasons for the number. Being a new two-bedroom unit supports one view, while the long marketing period suggests buyers have not accepted the ask. Any previous reductions or genuinely competing new-build supply nearby would help separate an ambitious price from a slow local market.
 
C$1,340,000. My two facts are the 110 days on market, which suggests buyers have resisted the current ask, and the 540 sq ft floor area, which feels restrictive for a two-bedroom layout.
 
C$1,475,000. I’m putting more weight on it being a new build and having two bedrooms, even within that small area. But have there been any price reductions during those 110 days? I’d also want the size and condition of the completed sale being used for comparison; otherwise the asking price may be doing too much of the anchoring.
 
I think that is still too close to asking. C$1,180,000, based on 540 sq ft and the average condition. “New build” does not automatically overcome those limitations. The missing local-supply detail matters too: a long listing period means something different if buyers have plenty of alternatives.
 
C$1,300,000. My two facts are the 110 days and the asking price, since together they point toward a meaningful negotiation without telling us exactly how deep it will be. Before the reveal, I’d line up the completed sale by floor area and bedroom count, then note any reductions on this listing. That would help separate a stale opening price from a broader supply issue.
 
Back
Top