Guess the sale price: 3-bedroom Rio condo after 33 days

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
What surprised me was the 33-day marketing period: long enough to invite negotiation, but not obviously a distressed sale. The property is a 3-bedroom Rio de Janeiro condo of 120 m², described as being in average condition, with an asking price of R$6,776,000.

What is your sale-price guess? Give one figure and the two clues you relied on most. I have only one completed sale as a check, so I’m interested in how much the floor area and condition influence estimates when the neighborhood and building details are missing. Closest answer earns the usual imaginary bragging rights.
 
R$6,350,000. My two facts are the average condition, which gives a buyer room to negotiate, and the 33 days on market, which does not suggest the seller had to accept an extreme reduction.
 
The missing fact is where in Rio. At this price, neighborhood, building and outlook could matter more than three bedrooms or 120 m². Also, was R$6,776,000 the original asking price, or had it already been reduced? Without that, the 33 days are difficult to interpret.
 
R$5,950,000. I’m using the asking price of roughly R$56,467 per m² and the average condition. A buyer paying at that level may discount work that would otherwise have been reflected in a renovated unit.
 
Ivan’s point makes me less confident, though. Local supply would outweigh the 33-day figure for me: a quick sale means something very different if comparable condos were scarce than if buyers had several similar choices.
 
R$6,580,000. The asking price is my main fact, followed by the relatively contained 33 days. I disagree that “average condition” automatically supports a large reduction; it may simply mean the price was set for the condo as presented rather than for a renovated version.
 
R$6,100,000, based on average condition and the original-looking precision of the R$6,776,000 ask. That said, we should not read too much market meaning into one completed sale. The recorded sale figure alone would not tell us whether other terms helped bridge the gap.
 
The guesses now split around whether 33 days signals firm demand or negotiating pressure. My practical order would be asking price first, condition second and days on market only as a tiebreaker. Bedroom count adds little without knowing whether the 120 m² layout uses those rooms well. I’ll keep my R$5,950,000 guess rather than move it after seeing everyone else’s.
 
I’ll commit to R$6,250,000. My two facts are the R$6,776,000 asking price and the 33 days on market. I’m allowing a meaningful but not drastic gap; without the neighborhood and any price-reduction history, the rest is mostly educated guessing.
 
Back
Top