Guess the sale price: 100 m² serviced apartment in Kuala Lumpur

AbleLens

Property investor
Established
Before I post the result, there is one awkward trade-off to price: 114 days of weak demand points toward a reduction, but 100 m² is unusually generous for a one-bedroom unit.

The Kuala Lumpur serviced apartment was in average condition and listed at MYR 1,269,000. Guess the final sale price with one number, then name the two details that matter most to your estimate. If you think a prior price cut or the bedroom count changes the answer, say how.
 
MYR 1,115,000. My two facts are the 114 days on market and average condition. That combination suggests the asking price did not attract enough urgency, so I’d expect a meaningful negotiation rather than a token reduction.
 
I’ll go higher: MYR 1,190,000. The 100 m² floor area is substantial for one bedroom, and the original MYR 1,269,000 asking price probably anchored negotiations.

Was the asking price reduced during those 114 days? Also, do we know of even one completed sale in the same development? Either detail could change my guess more than the condition description.
 
I’m not convinced the large floor area necessarily supports Mohammed’s higher figure. A 100 m² one-bedroom can narrow the buyer pool because purchasers wanting that much space may expect another bedroom. Without knowing local supply or a comparable completed sale, I’m sticking with MYR 1,115,000.
 
Fair point on the bedroom count. My practical approach would be to compare the final asking price—not merely the original one—with one completed sale in the building, then adjust for condition. Vacancy is hard to price without an actual figure. I’ll trim my final guess to MYR 1,160,000, driven by the long marketing period and unusually large area for one bedroom.
 
Back
Top