Guess the closing price: Mexico City 4-bed country home

miro_quinn

Real estate agent
Verified Pro
I’ve checked the headline details, but the floor area still looks questionable. This Mexico City country home is asking MX$7,650,000 after 86 days on the market and is described as an average-condition four-bedroom property of 40 m².

For imaginary bragging rights, post one closing-price guess and name the two listing facts behind it. The bedroom count against that reported area may be the biggest issue, though the time on market and any later price reductions could also shape the discount.
 
MX$7,100,000. My two facts are the 86 days on market, which suggests the asking price has not attracted a quick deal, and the average condition, which leaves room for a buyer to negotiate.
 
MX$6,850,000. I’m weighting the reported 40 m² and the MX$7,650,000 asking price. But is that floor area correct? Four bedrooms in 40 m² would be unusually compressed, and any ambiguity there could matter more than the time on market.
 
MX$7,350,000. My two facts are the asking price and the four-bedroom count. I disagree with treating 40 m² as decisive before knowing what the listing measurement includes; for a country home, it may not tell the whole story. Local supply or one genuinely comparable completed sale would be much more useful.
 
Good catch, Fatima. The listing reports 40 m², so I’m keeping that figure in the puzzle rather than correcting or interpreting it. I don’t have a breakdown of the measurement, vacancy status or any price-reduction history. Sam’s point is fair: those missing details make this partly a test of how much uncertainty everyone prices in.
 
MX$6,950,000. My two facts are the 86 days on market and the unresolved 40 m² figure. I’d apply a larger negotiating margin because buyers may hesitate when a basic measurement needs clarification. Once the result is revealed, the useful comparison will be any completed nearby sale and whether this listing had reductions before closing.
 
Back
Top