Guess the closing price: five-bedroom country home at QAR 1,456,000

compass.fresh

Homeowner
Established
A five-bedroom country home is asking QAR 1,456,000. It has 115 m² of floor area, is in average condition and has been on the market for 36 days.

Post one closing-price guess and the two facts driving it. Closest estimate gets imaginary bragging rights. I’m particularly curious whether the bedroom count outweighs the relatively compact floor area.
 
QAR 1,390,000. My two facts are the average condition, which gives a buyer room to negotiate, and 36 days on market, which is long enough for offers below asking without yet suggesting the listing is stuck.
 
Before guessing, has the asking price already been reduced during those 36 days? I’d also want to know whether similar country homes are plentiful locally. Time on market means something different when buyers have ten alternatives than when supply is thin.
 
QAR 1,335,000. I’m weighting 115 m² more heavily than the five-bedroom label: that combination may mean smaller rooms or limited shared space. Average condition is the second factor, because a buyer may budget for work after completion.

I’m less persuaded by 36 days alone. Without local supply or a record of price reductions, it isn’t clear evidence of seller pressure.
 
That feels too severe to me. Five bedrooms can widen the practical appeal even if each room is compact, and we don’t know that “average” means substantial work. I’ll stay with QAR 1,390,000 unless Oscar confirms there has already been a reduction.
 
QAR 1,412,000. The asking price is my starting anchor, and 36 days does not seem enough by itself to justify a deep discount. I would not assign any weight to lease length because none has been provided; if tenure is relevant in the local jurisdiction, that missing detail could materially change the guesses.
 
QAR 1,360,000. The compact floor area pulls me down, while the five-bedroom count stops me going as low as QAR 1,335,000. I agree that a previous reduction matters: a seller who has already adjusted may be firmer than one still testing the original asking price.
 
I’d record the guesses exactly as posted and compare them only with the completed sale price, not a later asking-price reduction. My number is QAR 1,375,000, driven by average condition and the 115 m² total. If the property never completes, nobody gets the bragging rights.
 
Back
Top