[For sale] 4-bed condo in Santiago — CLP 629,800,000

cleo_york

Homeowner
Before booking a viewing, I need to resolve a basic measurement problem. This Santiago condo is advertised as four bedrooms for CLP 629,800,000, yet the stated area is only about 40 m². That could refer to a different measurement or be a listing mistake, but it makes any price assessment premature.

I would first ask for verified private interior area and a floor plan. If those support the four-bedroom description, I would view it and check whether the rooms are usable, then document what the broad condition notes actually cover. I also need details on property tax, service charges, parking and included fixtures, plus energy information and the title documents.
 
The floor area is the first thing I would resolve. Ask whether 40 m² is the verified private interior area, another measurement, or simply a listing error. I wouldn’t assess the asking price until that is clear. Also ask whether any parking space is included or separately titled, as that could materially change what is being offered.
 
Agreed that the measurement needs proof, but I wouldn’t automatically assume the four-bedroom description is wrong. It could be a heavily subdivided layout. A viewing would show whether all four rooms are genuinely usable as bedrooms. I’d ask for a floor plan first, then focus the appointment on room dimensions, natural light, storage and the condition behind the broad “average to good” wording.
 
Service charges also need an actual amount and an explanation of what they cover. A condo that looks manageable at the asking price can feel different once recurring building costs and property tax are included. Are there any condition notes for the common areas or expected building works?
 
One more point: the fixture list should be settled before a viewing or offer. Built-in storage, kitchen fittings and appliances can easily be assumed to stay when they may not. I’d also want the title documents to confirm exactly what belongs to the unit, particularly if parking or storage is mentioned later.
 
My order would be: obtain written confirmation of the floor area and bedroom layout, ask for the service charges and property-tax position, confirm parking and included fixtures, then book the appointment. At the viewing, compare the layout with the documents and note any repairs suggested by the condition. If the 40 m² figure remains unexplained, I’d pause rather than trying to justify the price around uncertain information.
 
Back
Top