The amount of cash left after closing turned out to matter as much as getting the villa purchase completed. Several offers failed before one succeeded, and the document stage then took longer than expected.
I came away with two practical lessons. Property tax, inspection-related repairs and late fees need separate reserves, and every outstanding task should have a named person and date once the offer is agreed. The earlier rejections were useful only when I could identify whether price, conditions or timing had weakened the bid. What surprised you during your first completion that the usual guides did not prepare you for?
I came away with two practical lessons. Property tax, inspection-related repairs and late fees need separate reserves, and every outstanding task should have a named person and date once the offer is agreed. The earlier rejections were useful only when I could identify whether price, conditions or timing had weakened the bid. What surprised you during your first completion that the usual guides did not prepare you for?