I have checked the likely deposit and closing outlay on a Santiago 2-bed priced near CLP 902,400,000. What I cannot yet judge is whether the remaining CLP 37,600,000 gives me enough breathing room once several smaller costs arrive together.
It would have to absorb the move, inspection findings that need attention in the first year and at least some furniture, while leaving a proper emergency fund intact. There may also be an early mortgage instalment, service charges and an insurance excess to pay.
Is that a workable reserve if the inspection is unremarkable, or does having so many claims on the same cash mean I should lower my purchase ceiling? My next step is to replace the rough allowances with actual dates and quotes.
It would have to absorb the move, inspection findings that need attention in the first year and at least some furniture, while leaving a proper emergency fund intact. There may also be an early mortgage instalment, service charges and an insurance excess to pay.
Is that a workable reserve if the inspection is unremarkable, or does having so many claims on the same cash mean I should lower my purchase ceiling? My next step is to replace the rough allowances with actual dates and quotes.