€25,760 feels like a narrow reserve beside a €1,040,000 purchase. My concern is that the first urgent repair could consume money intended for normal living expenses.
This would be my first purchase, a 3-bed villa in Paris. How much of the remaining amount should stay untouched as an emergency fund, and how much could reasonably cover moving, essential work and basic furniture? I also need to allow for any service charges rather than treating the whole sum as available. If those separate pots do not work, I would prefer to reduce the purchase price now.
This would be my first purchase, a 3-bed villa in Paris. How much of the remaining amount should stay untouched as an emergency fund, and how much could reasonably cover moving, essential work and basic furniture? I also need to allow for any service charges rather than treating the whole sum as available. If those separate pots do not work, I would prefer to reduce the purchase price now.