€20,240 is the estimated amount I would retain once the deposit and closing expenses have been paid. The property is a 2-bed serviced apartment in Madrid at roughly €1,049,000, so that remaining buffer feels modest beside the purchase price.
I have not yet allowed precisely for the move, an insurance excess or work revealed by the inspection. Furniture could be postponed, but repairs or an unexpected payment around completion might not be. How much of the €20,240 would you ring-fence, and which details about the serviced arrangement should I establish before deciding whether the purchase is affordable?
I have not yet allowed precisely for the move, an insurance excess or work revealed by the inspection. Furniture could be postponed, but repairs or an unexpected payment around completion might not be. How much of the €20,240 would you ring-fence, and which details about the serviced arrangement should I establish before deciding whether the purchase is affordable?