I have to make the call soon: proceed with this villa or protect a larger cash cushion. For a 2-bed Lagos property costing about NGN 271,200,000, my current calculation leaves NGN 17,050,000 after the deposit and anticipated closing costs.
That remainder would have several jobs: moving, inspection issues, service charges, the first housing payments and basic furniture. Most furniture can wait, but I do not want routine property costs eating into the household emergency fund.
Before deciding, which figures should I verify with the lender, seller or building management? I would also appreciate views on the order in which to ring-fence the money rather than assigning each item a standard percentage.
That remainder would have several jobs: moving, inspection issues, service charges, the first housing payments and basic furniture. Most furniture can wait, but I do not want routine property costs eating into the household emergency fund.
Before deciding, which figures should I verify with the lender, seller or building management? I would also appreciate views on the order in which to ring-fence the money rather than assigning each item a standard percentage.